With just 4 months to go until we open Million Dollar Quartet at the Leicester Curve, we’re taking a look at 10 things you need to know about Million Dollar Quartet…
1. The musical was written by Colin Escott and Floyd Mutrux who are both acclaimed music historians and Tony award nominees.
2. Million Dollar Quartet originally premiered in 2006 at Florida’s Seaside Music Theatre.
3. The show opened on Broadway in 2010 at the Nederlander Theatre and was nominated for three Tony Awards including Best Musical and Best Book of a Musical. The show successfully won a Tony award for Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical for Levi Kreis’ performance as Jerry Lee Lewis.
4. The musical has been touring the United States since 2011 and is still going today!
5. Also in the US, the location of the current Las Vegas residency at the Harrah’s Showroom is just 10 minutes from The International Hotel, where Elvis Presley had a renowned long standing residency.
6. Million Dollar Quartet: The Musical opened at the Noel Coward Theatre in the West End in February 2011 and played for a year.
7. The UK tour of Million Dollar Quartet will be directed by Olivier nominated Ian Talbot OBE.
8. The musical contains 23 hit songs including Blue Suede Shoes, Long Tall Sally and Great Balls of Fire.
9. The musical will visit over 10 cities across the UK between September 2016 and May 2017.
10. The confirmed casting for all 2016 dates are Jason Donovan (Sam Phillips), Martin Kaye (Jerry Lee Lewis), Robbie Durham (Johnny Cash), Ross William Wild (Elvis Presley), Matt Wycliffe (Carl Perkins) and Katie Ray (Dyanne).